meatless monday ~ spinach quichePosted: April 1, 2013
This quiche is a family favorite, one of those meals that makes the whole family cheer. I love it because it’s super easy to make, easy to double so there’s leftovers for lunches or dinner for another night, and pretty much anything can go in it & still taste yum.
I serve it with crusty bread & fruit or a salad.
- 1 frozen pie crust in tin (these usually come 2 to a pack)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 white whole wheat flour
- 10oz frozen chopped spinach (I usually buy the 20oz bag & then eyeball it, dumping spinach in until it looks ‘right’, generally about 1/2 of a bag). Use more or less to your family’s taste.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, yogurt, cheese, and flour. Stir in the spinach (no need to defrost it, just dump in the frozen leaves)
Pour the mixture into the pie plate and smooth out the top. Bake for 45 minutes until lightly brown.